daily journal corporation investor relationstales of symphonia memory gem locations

daily journal corporation investor relationswhat is the tone of antony's speech

Are traditional dividends and share repurchases the likely end-stateassuming our software business grows into a bonafide companyor will buying and holding securities from time to time be what the board is comfortable with? I do think that we dont know what these artificially low interest rates are going to do or how the economy is going to work in the future as governments print all this extra money. The death tax in China is zero. Have you considered amending this quote or lowering your standards? CFO & Investor Relations Contact: 398.5k: N/A: 1962: Ms. Maryjoe Rodriguez: Pres: N/A: N/A: 1984: Ms. Michelle Stephens: Exec. and a top 10 holdings concentration of 100.0%. Charlie Munger: I think everybody is willing to hold stocks at higher price-earnings multiples when interest rates are as low as they are now. And that institution has two assets in its endowment account. Election | | daily-journal.com Today, the majority of contractual revenue that can be identified is from implementations and licenses. PROXY STATEMENT. SEC Form 13F Filing History. We made the rich richer, not as a deliberate choice, but because it was an accidental byproduct of trying to save the whole civilization. Is there any new material? The agent name of this company is: GERALD L SALZMAN ,and company's status is listed as ACTIVE. I dont think we have any great gift at making macroeconomic predictions. Charlie Munger: 2022 Daily Journal Annual Meeting Transcript - Junto I think any intelligent person can get to be pretty good as an investor and avoid certain obvious traps. How did Eugene achieve incredibly low loan losses over the long term while so many other bankers have failed miserably? And we cant go to many offices because theyre closed. Question: Ben Franklin said: Were it offered to my choice, I should have no objection to a repetition of the same life from its beginning, only asking the advantages authors have in a second edition, to correct some faults of the first. Currently, their heaviest sector is Finance making up 81.3% of So I think what China has done was probably right for China and that we shouldnt be so pompous as to be telling the Chinese they ought to behave like us because we like ourselves and our system. Published since 1917, the Daily Commerce is based in Los Angeles and covers news of general interest, columns of interest to real estate investors and brokers, and information on distressed properties in Los Angeles County. Question: Many believe that inequality accelerated by this pandemic has reached alarming levels that demand drastic solutions such as a wealth tax. I think its much easier to find five than it is to find a hundred. Voir plus Voir moins Financial Analyst PaineWebber, Inc - UBS fvr. We dont have any other secrets, do we Jerry? And his conclusion is that mankind should just step up to it and do it. Just think of the things that were once prosperous that are now in failure or gone. I am more willing to hold stocks at high multiples than I would be if interest rates were a lot lower. 2021 Quotemedia. We are in fact being a more difficult type of software business than Microsoft. Question: Mr. Munger is a champion of Chinese stocks. The total cash compensation, which includes bonus, and annual incentives, can vary anywhere from $137,730 to $197,363 with the average total cash compensation of $163,305. I expect that and I welcome it. Bill Gates has written a book on this subject recently in which he concludes that it would be expensive but it could be handled. Good Earnings for Salesforce Might Give Activist Investors a Chill Pill So its very difficult. And thats what we have going in the stock market in a frenzy thats fed by people who are getting commissions and other revenues out of this new bunch of gamblers. All-Time Favorites Your proxy in the enclosed form is solicited by the Board of Directors of the Company for use at the Annual Meeting of Shareholders to be held on February 12, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Standard Time, at The Center at Cathedral Plaza, at 555 W . Daily Journal Corporation Company Profile | Los Angeles, CA But theres no rule that life has to be easy on the mental side. Quotemediais not affiliated with or approved by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Question: Previously, you have said; It takes character to sit with all that cash and do nothing. So, I dont mind a little inequality and what I notice is that the rich families generally lose their power and wealthand pretty fast. I dont think Gerry is surprised that the people doing the workMaryjo and Dannyare doing well. Question: Which do you think is crazier? Daily Journal Corp is based out of Los Angeles. And when the old CEO of the Daily Journal died, Gerry was managing the business affairs of the Munger Tolles law firm. Charlie Munger: I dont think I use much physics in solving my investment problems but it occasionally helps me. In recent years, The Manual of Ideas has expanded to become more than simply the very best investing newsletter on the planet (Mohnish Pabrai). CORRECTION - Daily Journal Corporation Announces Financial Resultsfor the Three Months.. Daily Journal Corporation Announces Financial Results for fiscal year ended September 3.. Daily Journal Corporation Announces Financial Results for the three months ended Decemb.. Daily Journal Corporation Announces Financial Results for fiscal 2017 ended September 3.. Daily Journal Corporation Announces Financial Results for Fiscal 2016 ended September 3.. Daily Journal Corporation Announces Financial Results for the Three Months Ended Decemb.. Daily Journal Corporation Announces Financial Resultsfor Fiscal Year Ended September 3.. Daily Journal Corporation Announces Financial Results for the Nine Months Ended June 30.. Daily Journal Corporation Announces Financial Results for the Six Months Ended March 31.. Daily Journal Corporation Receives Notice Regarding Non-Compliance With NASDAQ Listing .. Daily Journal Corporation : Announces Financial Results for the Three Months Ended Decembe.. Daily Journal Corporation : Announces Financial Results for the Fiscal Year ended Septembe.. Daily Journal Corporation : Announces Financial Results for the Nine Months ended June 30,.. Daily Journal Corporation : Announces Financial Results for the Six Months ended March 31,.. Interim 2023 Earnings Release (Projected), THE NEW YORK TIMES COMPANY : Q1 2023 Earnings Release (Projected), NEWS CORPORATION : Q3 2023 Earnings Release (Projected), REACH PLC : Interim 2023 Earnings Release, Daily Journal, long overseen by Charlie Munger, halves stake in China's Alibaba. She created a business with like 500 depression dollars that became a huge business. daily journal corporation investor relations Copyright by BeyondProxy. Member-Only Podcasts Delayed Nasdaq Corporate governance. I think when difficulty comes, I expect to have my share. Im just trying to get a feel for what the long-term capital allocation is. You know what her mottoes were? Absolute insanity. You'll now be able to see real-time price and activity for your symbols on the My Quotes of Nasdaq.com. DJCO | Daily Journal Corp. Financial Statements - WSJ Question: What would management [of Daily Journal] do with a sudden windfall of profits? It closed the year with cash flow reaching $7.1 billion . Charlie Munger: You have to be optimistic about the competency of our technical civilization. So, its a very interesting competitive field. Announces Participation in 2023 ROTH Conference and 2023 UBS Global Consumer and Retail Conference. He doesnt mind at all not getting credit for his charitable donations. Rick was part of the group which consisted of Warren Buffett, Rick Guerin, and Charlie Munger that bought control of Blue Chip Stamps when it was widely distributed in an anti-trust settlement. Knox Lane was founded in 2019. Discover something new every day from News, Sports, Finance, Entertainment and more! Charlie Munger: Well, Lee Kuan Yew had the best record as a nation builder. We do know one thing and that is that the courts of the whole world are going to be taken into the modern age. Question: Of the various types of moats and competitive advantages, which types do you think will be most important in the years ahead, and what combinations of competitive advantages can you imagine will create any new types of moats? You fix what you can fit, and what you cant fix, you endure. Thats our system. If you were offered a fresh start today, what would you do differently in life and in investing? Who is MOI Global? The meeting was held on February 24, 2021. I think some of these things are very difficult and I think, by and large, its a mistake to hire investment managementto hire armies of people to make conclusions. 2022. In the past few years, equity prices have increased significantly and cash has arguably become riskier due to central banking policy. Question: Do you believe global warming is an existential threat to humankind? Charlie Munger: Well, the business around here that has the most promise is our software business automating the courts. Members enjoy a steady stream of exclusive wisdom and insights from the leading minds in the field of investment management. So we have one basic system configured in a number of different ways, including workers comp for a large state in the United States. Larry Summers has recently been quoted as being worried that were having too much stimulus. I think the Chinese were very smart. USD. Now 16 years have passed. If you have unrealistic expectations, youre going to be miserable all your life. Its too volatile to serve well as a medium of exchange. +2.68%. LEARN MORE. I expect less out of bankers than he does. Ryan Buntain has joined Knox Lane as head of investor relations, according to a spokesperson for the firm. They are joining the modern world very rapidly and theyre getting very skillful at operating. Performance So it gets very dangerous. Question: I was wondering if you could share some thoughts on Haven, particularly why it was ultimately closed. These actions have given some shareholders more visibility and comfort on their investment. Question: Can you share some parting thoughts with the viewers who are watching all around the world? So, I dont think Bitcoin is going to end up as the medium of exchange for the world. The fully online conferences hosted by MOI Global bring together great minds from our network of intelligent investors, with a focus on timely ideas and timeless wisdom. Well, I dont think the quality of publishing public notice advertising has gone down. But, I dont think Ive got a lot to contribute. People really trust Costco will be delivering enormous value. Charlie Munger: Well, thats a very good question. Always on point. We have different tax considerations. Member of equity research team highly ranked by Institutional Investor and The Wall Street Journal. Ive been engaged in recent years in trying to create a better type of student dormitory. Members of MOI Global enjoy complimentary access to a growing array of resources and content related to the art of intelligent investing. Generally, what people do is they have financial reserves so they have some options if trouble comes, and they adapt the way Gerry has to require downsizings or require upsizings. Commission-free trading is not free. The bad news is its not clear whos gonna win all the business or how much money is going to be made. First Merchants Corporation to Report Fourth Quarter 2022 Financial Results, Host Conference Call and Webcast. Do you agree that there is a close parallel to the late 90s and that this, therefore, must end badly?. All rights reserved. News Corp Announces Acquisition of Investor's Business Daily As for some of our technology, like eFiling for example, the courts are closed. I dont think that hydrocarbons are going. So he was just a perfect banker if you wanted never to have any trouble. Investor Relations (IR) combines finance, communication, and marketing to effectively control the flow of information between a public company, its investors, and its stakeholders. Its difficult to break into the legal advertising system which supports so many newspapers, not only in California but elsewhere. DAILY JOURNAL CORPORATION : Shareholders Board Members Managers and These symbols will be available throughout the site during your session. Generally speaking, people assume that were a normal software company like Microsoft or something. As a matter of fact, what happens is to make a nation rich, you need a free market system. You know, its just, its incredible whats happened in terms of the destruction. Everything you see is profit. 2022 Junto Investments, all rights reserved. BYD stock did nothing for the first five years we held it. Wheaton is the world's premier precious metals streaming company with the highest-quality portfolio of long-life, low-cost assets. I dont think Im likely to have any new thoughts that are going to work miracles either. Question: You and Warren have been adept at quickly sizing people up, particularly business leaders and potential business partners. Charlie Munger: Theres one thing that were quite passionate about and that is serving the customers who have trusted us. Question: Does management, in your opinion, have a moral responsibility to have their shares trade as close to fair value as possible? I think most people are born with a happystat. Kimberly Stewart - Head of Investor Relations - LinkedIn A lot of the people who are doing this remote worka lot are going to work three days a week in the office and two days a week at home. For example, Coca-Cola in the past. See our Terms, Privacy Policy, and Disclaimer. One of the great advantages of the way Berkshire operates is that we associate with a lot of marvelous people. That turned out to be a wonderful idea and thats one of the reasons we made all this money. Are they more stable? But the accountants are duly elected. Value investors know Warren Buffett's classic retort to efficient market theory, "The . First Merchants Corporation (FRME) Stock Price, Quote & News - Stock -, Daily Journal Corp : Submission of Matters to a Vote of Security Holders (form 8-K), Charlie Munger downplays risk of Taiwan invasion, says crypto fans are 'idiots', Transcript : Daily Journal Corporation - Shareholder/Analyst Call. If we could make the world richer by just raising the minimum wage to $100,000 a second or something, of course we would do it but. All the buses. containing a link to download the .zip file of the CSV file(s) you requested. Also, fortunately before the pandemic, we got out of the conference-type events and we were not subjected to the problems of no conferences nobody to attend. We have offices in all the major cities in California and also in Logan, Utah. Question: Eugene Abegg seems like he was one of the best bankers of the last century, achieving both extremely low loan loss rates and earning around 2% on assets over a long time period. He was just a very old-fashioned sound thinker. Thats interestingwho in the hell is voting against the accountants? He was very courageous and generous in helping everybody around him all his life. Were all pretty forgiving of ourselves too which is probably a good thing. I think that would be insanity. Daily Journal Corp. The Superinvestors of Daily Journal Corporation - Forbes Thats very, very important. The Zurich Project Daily Journal Corp closed its position in Posco Adr on 5th January 2023. Question: Given all of your donations to physics, what is your favorite way of applying physics to societys problems and also to investing? When the symbol you want to add appears, add it to Watchlist by selecting it and pressing Enter/Return. Question: Why is Berkshire Hathaway selling shares of Wells Fargo as quickly as one can and the Daily Journal has sold one share? I dont know which is worse. He didnt know one damn thing about the Daily Journal when we made him head of it. I would hate to compete with Sequoia in their field. The base salary for Investor Relations Manager in companies like DAILY JOURNAL CORP range from $117,251 to $165,504 with the average base salary of $145,822. 2023 Annual Meeting. Rich Eisinger, Great content, great people. I think that to some extent the complaint about the rich getting richer as a result of the COVID panic is a misplaced concern. And he said; I cant decide the order of presidency between a flee and a louse. And I was like Rip Van Winkle; when I tried to come back to it, I found that the world had changed. The first rule of a happy life is low expectations. Charlie Munger: Well, its not easy to handle accumulated money in the current environment when these stocks are so high and partials of real estate of certain kinds are also very inflated. So, its a serious problem. to see more advanced email alert options such as selecting any type of And I dont know whether hes right or not. It says that man is too soon old and too late smart. DJCO | Daily Journal Corp. Annual Income Statement | MarketWatch I hope the newspaper survives too. I think the oil and gas industry will be here for a long, long time. And I think that that is inevitable because its difficult to be a good investor. MOI Global en Espaol. Charlie Munger: Well, its most egregious in the momentum trading by novice investors lured in by new types of brokerage operations like Robinhood. Gerry, you have a comment on that? The second proposal is to ratify the appointment of our certified public accountant: Baker Tilly US, LLP. Throughout the transcript below, I have included clickable links to my notes and articles . Daily Journal Corporation's ISS governance QualityScore as . Get the latest articles and insights directly to your email inbox. Home - IR Magazine Awards - US 2023 If its not good enough for Berkshire, shouldnt we have the same standards? All the good things. Apartments have come through better. DJCO - Daily Journal Corp Valuation - NASDAQ | Morningstar Its doing a big public service. You saw the ebb and flow of industry and the creative destruction of the economic changes and so on. Its like evolution in biology. I think theyre a bad investment when interest rates are this low. Daily Journal Corporation (DJCO) Stock Price, News, Quote - Yahoo! Latticework Podcast At the age of 97, Charlie Munger wasnot surprisinglysharp as a tack. I think theyd run rings around me. Outsmart the market with Smart Portfolio analytical tools powered by TipRanks. [The questioner] would like to know what Charlies method of learning is. Question: You identified the opportunity in electrification and invested in BYD. And I think wise people should just stay out of them. And since we are on the subject of selling potentially overvalued security, could you provide your systems for selling securities? Charlie Munger: 2021 Daily Journal Annual Meeting Transcript. When I look at the modern Singapore health system, it costs 20% of what the American system costs. DAILY JOURNAL CORP Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations (form 10-K) AQ. And, we have to function as an informal committee in that we have to bring our employees and our clients together to work out what they already know and how we can help them do a better joba more efficient job. We are very excited to look forward to enabling the courts to function as we know that they want to and will in the future. They have created a strong culture of fanaticism about cost, quality, efficiency, and honor. Questions: Now that we are cash flow positiveassuming the software business is investing organically as much as it canwhat is the philosophical thinking with respect to capital allocation at the Daily Journal. He was not a dictator. Rick was always humorous. Daily Journal: Transformation Yet to Be Fully Understood And thats not a sure thing either. But I wont be following him. When I was young, I rezoned some properties very successfully. Ill paraphrase here. I knew a man once, Henry Singleton, who was not a chess champion. It reminds me of the key phrase and Bunyans Pilgrims Progress in which he says: My sword I leave to him who can wear it. Our editorial system and our advertising system are all in the cloud. Could you share the secret to living a long, healthy, and happy life? Annual stock financials by MarketWatch. Daily Journal Corporation However, could you be more specific? Think of whats died in my lifetime. I hope that that will continue in the future. As a matter of fact, it will be here for a long, long time if we stop using many hydrocarbons in transportation. And there arent many people that can do that. Gerry, being a sound thinker, you know, did the very unpleasant work of shrinking it appropriately without bothering me or Rick. What do you think the long-term consequences will be? Youve said recently that Sequoia is the greatest investment firm ever. Its such a simple idea. If anybody can fix it, he can. Of course, thats a useful thing. Youre right. Charlie Munger: Well, I certainly hope that they succeed mightily in their software endeavor to automate all these courts for the modern world. I think all good investing is value investing. Its business model offers investors leverage to commodity prices and exploration upside but with a much lower risk profile than a traditional mining company. Do you think that digital economy has reached a tipping point such that this time is different and that conventional valuation measures for these types of companies are dead, or does this environment remind you of 1999? Question: What is the biggest lie currently being perpetuated by the investment complex? I never buy any and neither does Daily Journal. Because even as a boy, I knew a lot about who was sound who wasnt sound in Ohama. The company's other titles include Daily Commerce, The Daily Recorder and the Inter-City Express . Investor Letter Excerpts Theyre no longer using peasant girls to beat the brains out of our little shoe companies in America. Charlie Munger: Im a great admirer of Jeff Bezos whom I consider one of the smartest businessmen who ever lived. The Daily Journal is a legal publisher in Los Angeles, spun out in 1986 as a public company from a closed-end fund Munger and Guerin owned. assets that are not publicly disclosed such as fixed income, real estate, or cash equivalents. Kipling once wrote a poem called The Women (The Ladies) and the concluding line was to the effect that you should learn about women from him instead of doing it yourself, because, he says, I know you wont follow my advice. Put me down as skeptical. And when things get as crazy as they were in the event youre talking about, there are threats of clearinghouse failure. I think were into a lot less travel and a lot more Zooming. I predict that if they do that, a lot of people will leave Washington. A lot of things are going to change. Timeless Selections Mitch Gellman - Investor Relations & Strategic Adviser - LinkedIn He was a very smart man and he had a lot of good ideas. DAILY JOURNAL CORPORATION : Company profile, business summary, shareholders, managers, financial ratings, industry, sector and market information | Nasdaq: DJCO | Nasdaq I think most people who are assuming tolerable success in life are about as happy as they were ordained to be. Charlie Munger: Its very hard to have a shrinking business.

Dfcc Trainee Banking Assistant Vacancies 2022, Fort Sam Houston Immigration Office, Monty Williams Daughter, La County Mental Health Hotline, Gas Station Manager Duties And Responsibilities, Articles D

daily journal corporation investor relations