antique double barrel coach guntales of symphonia memory gem locations

antique double barrel coach gunwhat is the tone of antony's speech

While prior to the advent of metallic cartridges, the blunderbuss and muzzle loaded side by side were known as coach guns, that term has also been carried forth to include side by side shotguns as often seen up on the boot of stagecoaches in the Old West. A nice solid round action from France with the classic double under bite with the rising third bite these Ideal grades are known for. As you can see in the pictures this gun is in excellent condition for it's age! My coach gun does a fine job on pest/varmint control around my property but Ill stick with my DP-12 or Glock 21 for defense purposes. Being able to point and shoot at a threat quickly and with devastating effect remains a goal of all self-defense firearms, and a short-barreled shotgun is still a great tool for the job. The modern hammer-fired double barrel has the advantage of simplicity. Major and minor roadways have always been prime places for folks to get robbed by various forms of bandits. This gun is from the 1810's-1820's. Metal has been cleaned and is nice and sharp. The single best, and most economical arm for hunting and defense in the Old West was the side by side, double-barreled shotgun. Those case colors are original indicating this gun has seen very little use. Mechanically functions fine and features a side lever barrel release. But if you have your heart set on that exposed-hammer goodness, theres at least one other option out there if you dont want to hit the used market. Its the kind of gun that could make someone get into Cowboy Action Shooting, and its the exact kind of gun those shooters seek. Lock plate has "J. Cooper" and some light engraving which is all visible. I took it to the range with a couple of men from my church. The coach gun was perhaps the original defensive gun for travelers in the United States. Not every shooting/self defense is going to occur under perfect lighting while standing in front of a paper target that is not shooting back. A lighter load first and then buckshot for problems inside the home. Barrel length, regardless . boxlock with modern high dimensions. Home Our Collection Contact About Antique Firearms . Features an under lever action that when depressed opens the breach, twin back action hammer locks, engraving which covers and extends over the hammers, action and other parts. It is my wifes primary home defense weapon. Very light for a 29" barreled gun at 6 lbs. I wouldnt be writing off that slide rack intimidation so quickly. But times are tough, so I ran a wide variety of whatever shells I could find through this double-barrel, including a few targets loads, some 2 3/4-inch 00 Buck, a couple of my very precious 3-inch 5 shot Winchester Longbeard XR turkey rounds, and a few boxes of 1 3/4-inch Federal Shorty rounds. By signing up you agree to Guns.com's Another company that produces some great short double guns is Stoeger. It is out of the way and very easy to operate. Case in point..My wife bought me a Kel Tec KSG bullpup pump gun for my birthday last year. Something went wrong. Coach guns are fine IF all you expect to do is fire two rounds. A magnificent 18-bore double-barreled flintlock sporting gun, #862, made in 1806, and so marked inside each lock and on the underside of the barrels at the breeches. Many years ago (late 1960s) a family friend was hunting rabbits in South Maine one sunny February day. For longer-range use, the Hornady 20-gauge Lite Slug is a great choice. was built between the wars 1925-1930. Gauge: 20 gauge. They feel so natural in the hands. It is extremely compact and possesses two 7-round magazines. The bores are bright and shiny and show no dents or dings. The 12-gauge hits hard and may be your choice. 25 Whittal Street, Birmingham. Sporting Clays! Charles Ingram was a very well-known and respected Scottish maker in Glasgow. I am by no means an expert, but my thinking the coach gun known as a blunderbuss was a mussel loaded black powder gun. Th, A vintage clean New England 19th Century 16ga fowler with a round 33" barrel hoked at CYL. Your email address will not be published. Stock Dimensions: 14 3/8"LOP x " c .Click for more info Seller: Lewis Drake & Associates Area Code: 270 $13,500.00 Nock, London. A coach gun is a modern term, coined by gun collectors, for a double-barreled shotgun, generally with barrels from 18 to 24 inches (460 to 610 mm) in length, placed side-by-side.These weapons were known as "cut-down shotguns" or "messenger's guns" from the use of such shotguns on stagecoaches by shotgun messengers in the American Wild West.They came in 10 and 12 gauge blackpowder variants. Was striker fired, not a hammer gun, made, according to the stamp on the breech hinge, when opened, in 1898 for a Smiths Hardware Store, Little Rock, Arkansas. shotgun/rifle. Looking from the muzzle end I see in 6-8 inches some light pitting which could be removed with a back bore but I would not bother as it is very minor. I am looking for Manufrance Ideal's in all grades and any condition. Which usually scares off any intruder. with original 2 3/4" proofs ~ This is a very sound and tight gun that is ready for you and your 2 3/4" shells, William Powell and Son ~ A very basic but well made and high condition English double, H. S. Greenfield 12g Birmingham boxlock in excellent original condition ~ Long LOP and zero cast, Midland of Birmingham England ~ A very nice 2 3/4" proofed gun, Westley Richards Gold Name boxlock with nitro proofed 30" Damascus barrels. They compliment my edc Cimarron bad boy .44 revolver. Frame is, Castiglioni, Brescia. The double-barrel action is compact and allows for longer barrels while retaining a relatively short profile. I think you need to read his comment because he doesnt mentioned firing on a fleeing perp. Especially now that Schumer is top Dem in Senate. $214.95 . Frame has unusual cocking indi .Click for more info Seller: LeRoy Merz Antique Guns Area Code: 218 $2,575.00 With the open-choke barrels of the coach gun, 15 yards is the limit for retaining a good pattern for best effect, which isnt different from the average riot gun. Antique Firearms. Double-Barrel for Defense For personal defense, the double-barrel handles quickly and points well. Shopping with us is absolutely safe - you never have to worry about credit card safety when shopping here Share your latest AR build or photos from the range with #RangeDayFriday for a chance to win a new firearm! To be honest the difference to the BAD GUYs is going to be marginal at best and the Bad Guy(s) will never know the difference. When I did private security work I always carried a 590 for backup before law enforcement could be summoned and arrive. Bowlby 41 cal. Francotte Beautifully Side Plated boxlock in wonderful condition ~ I love the engraving and case colors, Charles Hellis and Sons ~ Check out the engraving and other features of this beautiful little double, William Evans high grade boxlock in nice condition, Thomas Adsett & Sons "Churchill" model with the Churchill rib, W.C. Scott in wonderful original condition and nitro proofed 2 3/4". If roused from my slumber I will pick it up even before going for my handgun. Original American Double Barrel Hammer Stage Coach Shotgun- Circa 1875 The Chinese-made shotguns feature exposed hammers and double triggers. The Bristol and . Rare Jenks carbine with tape primer ignition system Manufactured from 1847-48. coach gun for sale and auction. Actually, that says it all as it is a beautiful gem of the quality we would expect from Woodward. *Note the amount of original case color. Misc. I prefer its striker design, but otherwise Im in total agreement with the author. PULL! Thomas Wild 12g. @1880, Lancaster Assisted opening boxlock ~ The famous "Wrist Breaker!". What choke? The handsome and affordable single- and double-trigger scatterguns pack a potent punch. The bores are bright and shiny. The 20-gauge kicks about half as much as the 12-gauge and carries about 55% of the payload. Their 1878 Coach Gun got its inspiration by an actual period coach gun in their collection. Im a big fan of the Coach gun. They typically have two triggers one for each barrel and offer safety and speed in a simplistic, reliable design. What I was not aware of was the unease I would have over the striker design. I prefer #4 Buck in 12 gauge loads for self defense.#3 Buck in 20 gauge will do the jobCenter Mass hits at 15-20 yards/meters should stop and take the fight out of the Bad Guy. James Lang boxlock from 1905 ~ A true Edwardian era shotgun, Mortimer and Son ~ George Street, Edinburgh, classic vintage Scottish boxlock from 1895 ~ No FFL needed, can ship direct, Blondel Amiens (Quality Belgian) 12ga side plated Boxlock in high condition, Charles Lancaster boxlock from 1886 and nitro proofed ~ Can ship direct, Charles Smith boxlock ~ I love the Prince of Wales grip on this gun ~ Zero cast so ok for right or left handed shooter ~ Great price, Westley Richards on there early action, one of the first hammerless boxlocks and she still works great! At close range making felony arrests in tight quarters, I am certain these were formidable firearms. Could the barrels be shorter and still be NFA legal? Typical of early gu, BRITISH Antique T. KETLAND & COMPANY Percussion Conversion FOWLING Piece 16 Gauge FLINTLOCK to PERCUSSION Shotgun Here we present an antique English T. Ketland & Company Conv, ENGRAVED Antique NICOLAS BOUTET Percussion Conversion DOUBLE BARREL Shotgun French GOLD INLAID Side by Side Fowling Piece! . Redzone 101 3.71K subscribers Subscribe 315 Share 21K views 2 years ago Going old school for self-defense will the Stoeger Double. The double-barrel is also easy to train with. This gun can also be had as an over-under in a configuration that is similar to the excellent Stoeger Condor Outback shotgun with its distinctive nickel receiver and barrels against black walnut furniture. The front action percussion lock is unmarked and there are no proofs on this gun. Weight: LARGE ENGLISH HUDSON BAY DOG-LOCK MARKET PUNT GUN CIRCA EARLY 1800S. Single Shot ~ Elegance in miniature! I would have the barrels browned by Buck Hamlin to bring back their former beauty. They all stated that the 12ga kicked way too much for them and way way too much for their wives. W Moore & Co London double barrel 10 gauge, "SUPER RARE" ANTIQUE COACH GUN 1830's to 1840's 45 Cal. Cond. But if you want one all around gun for home defense a shotgun is my choice. Just some thoughts to consider. Its simple, with practice you get good at what you use. The guns of the Civil war were certainly effective. What a great little double gun. Cimarron also makes slightly fancier and more expensive Doc Holliday and Wyatt Earp versions of the short double barrel with various embellishments. CZ Bobwhite G2. Built about 1898 this gem can be shipped direct. How far before shot cup flies off of shot to allow spread? My Rossi overland coach 12 ga has an improved barrel on the left (front trigger) and a modified barrel on the right (rear). Barrel is a plum/brown color with good bores. If he isnt running away after the skeet load she fires barrel 2. A fine and rare 23-bore OU double-barreled flintlock sporting gun, ca. Would you like to receive an email notification when stuff happens on this site? 1878 Coach Gun 12 ga., 20 in. Barrel - Cimarron Firearms shotgun/gun Miller. boxlock ~ very light with long barrels with modern dimensions. The load may be changed quickly if the problem is a dangerous animal such as a rattlesnake just outside the door or a predator such as a coyote farther away. If they still keep coming then something is clearly wrong with their head! Action is in fine condition. The other option is to have it restocked to fit you! There are 16 models in their coach gun line in both 12 and 20 gauge with different finish and stock options, all with 20-inch barrels. A hammer gun has to be cocked and under stress that might get you killed. But then again not everyone can afford or has one, OR CAN GET ONE. Another advantage is that with two loads, you can stage the load. Tactical Life Gun Magazine: Gun news, gun reviews and gun magazines for gun enthusiasts, military and law enforcement, You use of this website constitutes and manifests your acceptance of our, ENTER TO WIN > Free Gun Friday for your chance to WIN the SIG Sauer P320 AXG Legion and Black Hills HoneyBadger Ammo, Anderson Manufacturing Kiger-9c Pro: Upgrades and EDC Ready, Stow it and Go: The Volquartsen 22 LR VT2 Takedown Rifle. Around the top tang is nicely done silver wire inlay. "Double Barrel Flintlock Coach Gun by Wilson (AL4736)" - Guns International Light, simple, elegant, and strong. Moller lists them as contract suppliers to the state of New York. While I use birdshot for training, birdshot is by no means useful for personal defense. "Double Barrel Flintlock Coach Gun by Wilson. A different variant, the double-barrel striker-fired shotgun, was used by New York City cops until at least the 1970s. "Coach" Shotgun: A welcome passenger on long, lonely stagecoach rides. Armstrong & Co. of New Castle on Tynne ~ A solid English boxlock ejector for a super fair price. 14 oz. You can reload without taking the weapon out of the fight. OLD WEST Antique STAGECOACH Hammer Shotgun - Guns International Saw a Stoeger stagecoach for sale at the local gun store and immediately recognized the superior home defense qualities. I could be wrong, but thats just the way I see it. This little gun, perhaps with a little tuning of the chokes, would make an ideal upland bird gun. Sale! Those little shells in 8 shot make for a fun range pairing with the Hammer Coach. I recommend cocking only one hammer at a time until you are very familiar with the shotgun. & Co. Antique Shotguns - Cartridge for sale - Guns International Cimarron 1878 Coach Gun 12Ga. Show Only Non-Guns. Though many in general will not admit it. America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window). Coach Gun-- 10 GA. antique - Guns International It comes with 20-inch blued barrels (full 26-inch barrels are available) and exposed hammers with a color case hardened receiver. Haha. Antique Percussion Cape Gun Pontiac Mich. G.W. Category: Boxlocks. Many have heard of the "Kerstan" rib extension extra bite. People with weak wrists should not buy this gun! This gun is tight and field ready. 6 oz.. There is also the appeal of coach guns as a low-key defensive shotgun that doesnt have much negative connotation. Back up is a High Standard.22 Derringer. Back in the mid-term elections of 1994, few if any news outlets acknowledged the defeat of the liberal elements in Congress as being the result of the backlash against the so-called Assault Weapons Ban. It now sits ready next to my bed. A great entry level English double that is field ready. Or you might get it all. This article was good food for thought and hopefully will help folks make good decisions. Cylinder bore on both. Subscription is available in print and digital editions atOutdoorGroupStore.com. Additionally, if youre going to spend extended time at the range or firing any kind of 3-inch magnum shells, just be aware the Hammer Coach comes with an old-school steel buttplate. I have shot this gun and I have to say it handles extremely well. The barrels are tight on face (they ring beautifully) and the bores quite nice being bright and free of any heavy pitting. Stage Coach Shotgun Description: Here is a dandy from the old west. Yes! Moral is that any load of any type of shot, with a center of mass hit, is deadly. The barrels are 20-inches long. Shotguns At Collectors Firearms, we pride ourselves on our ever evolving inventory of antique shotguns and used shotguns for sale. Would you put a green/inexperienced officer/ troop untrained/unfamiliar with a carbine up against a well experienced troop with a shotgun in real life??? 1790. I like this shotgun. Stoeger Coach Guns single and double trigger shotguns are based on the Old West stagecoach guard's shotgun of choice. Classified Ad (3), Search Full Text of Listings Weight: 6 Lbs. A nice vintage Greener that has excellent bores and is tight on face. Just because you are small (she is 50 110lb) their is no need to fear a 12 ga. I also wished Id thought to scrounge up some paper-hulled shells to go with it. Great deals on Double Barrel In Shotgun Parts. Fine French flintlock, double-barrel, 20-bore Sporting Gun with British proof marks, ca. 1800. The double-barrel shotgun is an excellent all-around shotgun for defense use and ideal for many of us. All Rights Reserved. Wells Fargo Belgium Double Barrel 12 GA. Add to Wish List . A staple of the Old American West, Impact Guns carries a wide variety of side-by-side, double barrel, shotgun designs. Just dont forget to cock them. All comments are held for moderation and will appear after approval. As far as cost reasons to buy a coach gun, Cheaperthandirt has many pump actions for less than what the CZ coach gun costs. It may not have a great selection of antique double barrel options, but there are some quite valuable shotguns that you will want to look into. Thus making their own coach guns. Weight empty is 8 pounds. What is not to like? For home defense, the coach gun looks good. George Bate 20ga between the wars English double with a beautifully long LOP. When I took it to the range the first time, I found myself wishing I could have pushed through batwing doors with this little time machine of a shotgun. Coach Gun Shotguns. Of course, their use wasnt limited to stagecoaches. Great barrels on this classic Birmingham boxlock. At best it will penetrate only a few inches of gelatin and would probably be stopped by winter clothing. Pitting in the bores could be removed with about .004 back bore to be mirror. Modern Century Arms double-barrel coach guns also feature a handy tang-mounted safety. Seller: LeRoy Merz Antique Guns Area Code: 218 $1,975.00 EXTREMELY FINE COLT 1878 10 GAUGE DOUBLE BARREL HAMMER SHOTGUN GI#: 102207886 Pistol grip checkered walnut stocks in excellent condition with most all varnish remaining. This type of shotgun was once the preferredweapon to guard stagecoaches. I agree with your comment, Ed. We found this in the back of the vault and thought we should find a home for it. This model also features bushed firing pins and the coveted extra safety sears for each barrel, and engraved heel and toe clips. Vintage 2004 Licensed Saw Billy The Puppet Don Post Rubber Halloween Movie Mask, HISTORY: PARKER DOUBLE-BARREL SHOTGUN..DETAILS/EXPLODED VIEW (802W), Washable ShotGun Hood Scoop 4 Barrel Single/Dual Bug Catcher Polish Aluminum Rod, C.1880/90s Man Standing w dog and gun double barrel, 1890s Man Double Barrel Shotgun Laundry Wichita Kansas GLASS PHOTO NEGATIVE, Shotgun Muzzle Protector Double Barrel 410 Bore 20g 28g GAUGE BARRELED PLUG MOP, Antique Edwardian 9ct Gold Shotgun & Dog Shooting Brooch by Alabaster & Wilson, lillybumblebeevictorianjewels (1,379) 100%, Double Barrel Shotgun Cowboy Patch, Large Back Patches, Christmas Wishes Silver Coin Father Christmas Santa Stocking Filler Tree Magical, Marine Antique Navy Brass Double Barrel~Telescope 39" With Wooden Tripod Stand, Wonderful Crossed Double Barrel Shotgun Design Men's Bright Finish Cufflinks, Leave feedback about your eBay search experience - opens in new window or tab. In case you were wondering, the three barrels fire in sequence with each pull of the single triggerfirst the right barrel, then the left, and then the top. is very tight on face and has very bright bores. Antique 10 Gauge Parker Hammer Shotgun with Damascus Barrels VERY NICE! LePage, Paris. This Kerstan marked example is a double Kerstan bite on a horizontal profile. By the time messengers for Wells Fargo & Co. were running the route from Tipton, Missouri, to San Francisco in 1858 laden with passengers and gold, that fact hadnt changed much from the Robin Hood days. And coyotes and bad guys share some of the same qualities. New Gun Listing Notifications, Click anywhere on the large image below to zoom in, or use the Rossi 12 gauge Overland Coach Gun 3 for sale at - GunsAmerica 12 gauge was stronger than his faith in a pump shotgun.always 2only drawbackno ejectorsused extractorsbut repeat always 2. Yeah, its a Chinese POS. *Note the higher grade feature of the Purdey style hidden (nose) third bite. Otherwise, its the same gun as the Hammer Coach. Fredrick M. Diss of Colchester ~ten gauge boxlock with nice barrels ~ 3" nitro proofs! This gun was built between 1896 and 1900 so am researching it and if it was made before 1899 we will be able to ship direct to most states instead of to an ffl. No thanks. It allows me to get off two very powerful shots very quickly; much the same way an African double rifle allows professional hunters to dispatch the most dangerous of African game when it gets up close and personal. Side by Side Shotguns - Impact Guns He operated fro, From a mid-west sale, a very nice antique percussion Rifle/Shotgun over under combination gun with patch box. 10 1/4-11 1/2 rifle-caliber carbine is superior in every way. This is a great training load. A very tight gun and with condition this nice little 28 features modern high stock dimensions with a decent lop which could be made up to 1" longer with a pad. *Chokes are tight but can easily be opened. Notify When In Stock. I have always admired these gold name guns as they display the Westley quality and patent top lever extra bite but also have a beautiful simplicity without any engraving except for the name in gold. This coach gun was at times called the blunderbuss. Which is good if your worried about penetrating through a wall and reduced recoil on user. Wood is excellent. Maker unknown. Rare DREYSE NEEDLE FIRE Shotgun PRUSSIAN Antique Double Barrel SxS 16 Gauge c1850s Predecessor to the Centerfire System! In the Old West. That turnabout has served a number of times since then to remind our so-called representatives that Americas gun owners are indeed a force with which to be reckoned. MON-FRI 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. CST SAT 8 a.m. - 12 p.m. CST with classic Prince of Wales grip and 2 3/4" proofs so can shoot many of the American shells! Side By Side Shotguns For Sale :: Guns.com Thanks! The turkey loads produced dense and deadly patterns for a gobbler at 25 yards despite the cylinder choke. This JIC unit is available anytime I leave my residence. A nice little 16g. The gun was nitro proofed in 1968 according to the proof marks on the flats. Having said that I have two Mossberg 500s outfitted for both in and out of home situations. The left choke is over tight in choke but we could have this opened up to what you would want for an additional $75.00. performed with 7/8 oz. The Western Cowboy Back / Saddle Coach Shotgun Scabbard is made of top grain leather and is available in Black or Brown Colors of. I would not say it is really easy but is something that can certainly be learned. Tight and light just like what many of you are looking for! 48138T, 12 gauge. When ever the subject comes up of which loads are best as defensive loads, the argument can get pretty heated. Yes! This is an original antique circa 1875-1880 double-barreled shotgun with original 18 inch barrels commonly known as a "coach gun". External hammers make sense for less experienced shooters and for loaded storage. That said the the image of a side by side should make any unfriendly take a step back without a word being spoken. Obviously well made with exceptional engraving and wood. The pump shotgun and the self-loader are more complex, more expensive and more difficult to train with. Fine condition with checkering having been freshened. Wells Fargo Belgium Double Barrel 12 GA. Stage Coach Shotgun Many companies would offer their double-barrel models from the factory with 12- to 24-inch barrels. Real safety is between the ears and involves keeping the finger off of the trigger until you fire. Westley Richards boxlock with very nice nitro proofed Damascus 30" barrels and gun weighs only 6 lbs.! Tight, clean, field ready and has great dimensions. On the outside away from home in todays world you may encounter a situation of great complexity. Give me a call! If you know me at all you know my favorite gauge for the field is 16g. The Americ, Fine Italian made flintlock with gold inlays and silver mountings. The double barrel allows for a simpler (and faster weapon back to target with PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, AND MORE PRACTICE) reload than most any handgun with less practice and will allow with quick follow up shotsshooting from the hip can and should be learned. He argued that he wasnt doing nothing !! Barrel #2 is a Remington copper solid slug. This is a mix of birdshot and buckshot at 15 yards. It loosened up quite a bit after just two range sessions, and Im sure it wouldnt take long for the barrels to start falling open when you press the action release lever, but its just something to be aware of. What is not to like? Looking from the breach end the bores look clean bright and shiny. All have 3" chambers. I also have a couple of just legal single shot 20s stashed in corners. The recoil is light, and the shotgun handles quickly and gets on target fast. LARGE ENGLISH HUDSON BAY DOG-LOCK MARKET PUNT GUN CIRCA EARLY 1800S. Short is more important for handling than it is for spread. It is very functional as is so I would use it as a rainy day gun and do nothing to it!

What Happened To Shane Ross In Grey's Anatomy, Articles A

antique double barrel coach gun